· By Jonathan Katz
Simple BLENDi recipe for a delicious margarita
Here's a simple recipe for a delicious margarita that you can make in your 17 oz portable blender:
- 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) tequila
- 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) simple syrup
- 4-6 ice cubes
- Salt (optional)
- Lime wedge (for garnish)
- Add the tequila, lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup to your 17 oz portable blender.
- Add 3/4 to 1 cup of ice cubes to the blender.
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth and slushy.
- If desired, rim the edge of a glass with salt. To do this, rub a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, then dip the rim into a small dish of salt.
- Pour the margarita into the glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!
Note: If you prefer a sweeter or tarter margarita, adjust the amount of simple syrup and lime juice to your liking. Also, feel free to add fresh fruit such as strawberries or mango for a fun twist. Cheers!